Who We Are
Disability RMS is the nation’s leading provider of turnkey disability risk management products and services. Established in 1993, we offer unparalleled Actuarial, Underwriting and Claims industry expertise in risk management. We offer these services on a reinsured or service only basis.
Located in South Portland, Maine, our team consists of more than 350 highly skilled professionals. Our employees have the specialized product knowledge and service skills required to succeed in today’s complex risk protection market. The cohesiveness, experience and dedication of our team enables us to provide the highest levels of service and innovation in the industry. As we have grown, we have nourished and maintained our Core Values, which reflect a culture of hard work with a collegial spirit.
Our Core Values
Our core values are the building blocks of our culture and all values contribute equally to our identity as an organization. We see these values as fundamental to achieving our growth and profit objectives. They are the foundation of everything we do, guiding our actions and decisions.
- Bring value to our client relationships
- Building strong and mutually beneficial partnerships with our customers is a priority at Disability RMS. No matter what role we hold in the company, we maintain deep and current knowledge of what is important to our clients and add value for them by applying our expertise. Because our relationships cross the industry, we maintain appreciation for external viewpoints and leverage these ideas to generate solutions that strengthen our partnerships.
- Be expert at what you do
- We strive to be experts and the best at what we do. Understanding that excellence doesn’t just happen, we encourage individual career growth and foster accountability so all employees can increase their knowledge and improve their skills. Each and every one of us owns our own development. We are always actively learning and looking for ways to do our jobs better and more effectively.
- Communicate responsibly
- Everyone at Disability RMS communicates responsibly, respectfully saying what needs to be said to the right person when it needs to be heard, listening to others, and maintaining the confidentiality of messages when necessary. We cultivate open, honest and frequent communication at all levels of the organization.
- Be engaged and determined
- At Disability RMS, we are fully engaged in our work, striving to deliver the best and determined to do it every chance we have. We consistently go above and beyond the expectations of our roles to keep the promises we make to our customers and to our colleagues, taking personal pride in getting things done and getting them done right. When faced with a problem we are resilient and maintain perspective, working collaboratively in teams and problem solving to generate and implement workable creative solutions.
- Embrace change
- We constantly seek opportunities to achieve our business objectives. When our company’s priorities change we respond with enthusiasm and a sense of urgency. Flexible in our approach to work, we shift our focus and actions to support the business as needed. Employees at all levels contribute to organizational innovations, always mindful of resources and seeking to do more with less.
- Keep Disability RMS a great place to work
- Every employee at Disability RMS owns the responsibility to keep our company a great place to work. We all maintain a collegial spirit and cultivate strong relationships with each other to foster a supportive community environment. We approach our work with a positive attitude, integrity and respect for one another. Our community doesn’t end at DISABILITY RMS’ doorstop, but reaches into the greater communities where we work and live.